We are living through an historic moment, the first time in 100 years the world is under the threat of a global pandemic. Coming generations will want to know what life was like at this time. The Westford Historical Society has created a time capsule to be opened in May 2040 showing what life was like during this period. We are collecting images for the time capsule through a series of monthly photo contests. We will be asking each month for your photo submissions that reflect the things you are doing in Westford during this time. We will be judging photos submitted each month and posting the top three winners for the adult category and top three winners for the youth category. Judging will be based on originality, quality, and subject.
- Photos must be taken in Westford MA.
- Each photographer may enter a maximum of two photos.
- All submissions must list the location where the photo was taken, descriptors such as the subject photographed, and a title.
- Photographers consent to allowing the Westford Historical Society to use their photos on our website, across social media, in publications, and other materials.
- Your photographs will be added to our Digital Time Capsule to be opened May 2040.
- Submit photos as a high-resolution JPG/JPEG file.
Categories: youth 6-18, adults 19 and up
Submit entries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Contest submissions are due by 15th of each month.
Submissions are due: July 15, 2020
June 2020 Contest Winners