We are living through an historic moment, the first time in 100 years the world is under the threat of a global pandemic. Coming generations will want to know what life was like at this time. The Westford Historical Society has created a time capsule to be opened in May 2040 showing what life was like during this period. We are collecting images for the time capsule through a series of monthly photo contests. We will be asking each month for your photo submissions that reflect the things you are doing in Westford during this time. We will be judging photos submitted each month and posting the top winner for the adult category and top winner for the youth category. Judging will be based on originality, quality, and subject.
- Photos must be taken in Westford MA.
- Each photographer may enter a maximum of two photos.
- All submissions must list the location where the photo was taken, descriptors such as the subject photographed, and a title.
- Photographers consent to allowing the Westford Historical Society to use their photos on our website, across social media, in publications, and other materials.
- Your photographs will be added to our Digital Time Capsule to be opened May 2040.
- Submit photos as a high-resolution JPG/JPEG file.
Categories: youth 6-18, adults 19 and up
Submit entries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Contest submissions are due by 15th of each month.
Submissions are due: January 15, 2021
Theme: Winter in Westford
December 2020 Contest Winner
Theme – The Spirit of the Holidays in Westford
December 2020 Entries
November 2020 Contest Winner
Theme – Oddities in Westford
November 2020 Photo Entries
October 2020 Contest Winner
October Photo Entries
September 2020 Contest Winners
September 2020 Photo Entries
August 2020 Contest Winners
August 2020 Photo Entries
July 2020 Contest Winners
July 2020 Photo Entries
June 2020 Contest Winners