Skip to content
The Westford Historical Society & Museum

The Westford Historical Society & Museum

0
  • Home
  • Exhibits
    • Museum Exhibits
    • Online Exhibits and Photo Galleries
    • Past Exhibits
  • News & Events
    • Subscribe
    • Museum News
    • Tours
    • Upcoming Events
    • Past Events
  • Research
    • Westford Historical Society Collections
    • Research
      • Research Resources
      • Transcriptions of Historic Documents
    • Research Topics
      • A Brief History of Westford
      • Museum Artifacts
      • Westford Notables
      • Hidden History of Westford
      • History of Westford Scouting
      • Archives from “The Westford Wardsman”
  • About Us
    • Plan your visit
    • History of the Museum
    • Future of the Museum
    • Board Members
  • Contact Us
    • Send us a message
    • Subscribe
  • Support Us
    • Member Benefits
    • Join or Donate
    • Business Membership
    • Business Sponsorship
    • Volunteer
  • Shop
  • 0

Historic Article Category: The Westford Wardsman

The Westford Wardsman, May 1908

Fire Department hosts its first ball. Special Town Meeting votes to add 2 rooms to Forge Village schoolhouse, to establish firemen’s pay, & to lease space for 3 firehouses. Work progresses on grounds around recently completed Center school. Two Worcester men walk 38 miles to spend a few days in Forge Village.

The Westford Wardsman, April 1908

Fire & hose companies in Center, Forge Village & Graniteville give themselves new names. Horse is stolen from Parkerville barn, the second stolen recently in town. Over 30 cases of measles—among both adults & children—reported in Graniteville. Tadmuck Club hears talks on birds, trees, seeds & flowers.

The Westford Wardsman, March 1908

Stony Brook School students enjoy sleighride. Auditor’s report in Annual Town Report shows a town surplus of $426.07. Town Meeting votes to grant liquor licenses for first time since 1886. Selectmen vote to grant two liquor licenses though they’re personally opposed to the sale of liquor.

The Westford Wardsman, February 1908

Parkerville school temporarily closed due to outbreak of measles. Rain, snow & ice don’t keep people away from annual dinner at the Town Farm.
Westford Water Co. turns on public water supply. Three women with Westford ties added to list of eminent American scholars.

The Westford Wardsman, January 1908

Special Town Meeting votes to purchase fire apparatus.

The Westford Wardsman, December 1907

H. E. Fletcher & Co. engine house on Oak Hill is destroyed by fire. Churches, schools & clubs celebrate Christmas.

The Westford Wardsman, November 1907

Tadmuck Club hears talk on household economics.

The Westford Wardsman, October 1907

Unitarian & M.E. churches hold successful harvest suppers. Old Norway spruce reminisces about its 50 years on Main St.

The Westford Wardsman, September 1907

Construction of the new Center schoolhouse begins. Thomas Carney, a Civil War veteran & oldest man in Westford, dies at 96 years old.

The Westford Wardsman, August 1907

The ladies’ aid society of the M.E. church holds a successful lawn party

The Westford Wardsman, July 1907

Abbot Worsted Co. closes to give workers a four-day 4th of July holiday. Special Town Meeting votes unanimously to build a four-room wooden schoolhouse on Main St. at the intersection of Depot St.

The Westford Wardsman, June 1907

The bandstand next to the M.E. church, an eyesore for several months, is torn down. Ten-year-old boy drowns in Graniteville quarry.

Older posts
Newer posts
← Previous Page1 … Page49 Page50 Page51 … Page53 Next →

     

Westford Museum
PO Box 411, 2-4 Boston Road
Westford, MA 01886
(978) 692-5550
Contact Us • Privacy Policy
The Westford Museum is open most Sundays of the year from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
Directions, hours and closings information.
Website sponsored by Eastern Bank

Site developed by Lewis Studios
© 2026 Westford Historical Society & Westford Museum. All rights reserved.