The pump organ was originally from the Prescott family home at 26 Pine St, the 1780 Levi Prescott House, in Forge Village. It was made by the Smith American Organ Company in Boston around 1872, while organs were often purchased to show off wealth and talent. See info on Pump Organs
After the mid-1960s, the Prescott’s ultimately had the organ stored at the Westford Academy. The Prescott family lived at Pine St until 1984, the fifth generation. Westford resident Alice Collins later had possession of the organ, and donated it to the museum in 2004.
Video of the organ played in the museum:
Wood case, metal reeds