Fletcher Granite Quarry
Two black and white photographs of the Fletcher Granite Quarry from May 1949. The quarry is located off 534 Groton Rd in historically the part of Westford called West Chelmsford, a part of Nabnasset today. The Fletcher Granite Co. was founded by Herbert E. “Hobby” Fletcher (1862-1956) in 1880, and was officially established in 1881. Hobby also served as Town Moderator, in the state House of Representatives, and the state Senate in the 1900s. The Palmer Quarry on Snake Meadow Hill, Graniteville, was still in operation in the 1940s, but the Fletcher Granite represents the only active quarry in town and overall area today. Fletcher also owns quarries in New Hampshire and Maine.
2.5 x 4.5″