4′ x 8′ painting on wood of the Nabnasset Country Club, surrounded by a 2.5″ wood frame. It was made around 1930, the painting is of three white buildings with black roofs: the stable, the clubhouse, and the barn. From 1934 to 1941, the barn housed the Lake Shore Theatre on the second floor, initially run by Franklin Trask. He was the Frost School Principal prior, and after 1936, he left Westford to create the Priscilla Beach Theatre in Manomet, MA. In WWII, the Clubhouse was converted into a factory for the weaving of steel nets to entrap enemy submarines. The building was destroyed by fire in 1977, according to Westford resident Geoff Hall. However, the country club is still active today.
Enjoy our Lake Shore Theater History Pod with Geoff Hall