Featured Artifact of the Week


From the Collection

Photo of “Sargents block” before it was built on 4th Street in Westford’s Graniteville. It was likely taken prior to 1900. Third and Fourth Streets were originally laid out between 1889 and 1897. 4th St connects with Broadway and River Streets. 3rd St, which curves to connect with 4th and Broadway Streets, was originally called White and 2nd Street prior to 1970. These roads featured housing for workers at C.G. Sargents Mill. The oldest home on these streets was built in 1878.

Click here to see Graniteville today!