Artifacts of the Week

Artifact of the Week

WA Class Pins From the collection The 1911 class pin belonged to Addie Louise (Day) Keizer (1893-1988). It is 14K gold, and made by Folger, NY City. Addie was the

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

WA Catalog From the collection The aged brown booklet contains information on WA such as teacher and students for the year ending July 14, 1858. It also describes the curriculum

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

Records — Acts of Incorporation From the collection A copy of the original Act of Incorporation of the Westford Academy is bound with copies of the WA trustees meetings. In

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

Mattawanakee Postcard From the collection Forge Pond (AKA Lake Mattawanakee) is a “Great Pond” or geological lake in Westford. The area of Forge Village surrounds it on the Westford side.

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

May Balch Drawing From the collection The picture was drawn by Mary “May” Gertrude Balch (1875-1961) in 1957. May Balch was a local artist. She graduated from Westford Academy in

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

2005  Westford Academy Clarion Yearbook This yearbook was 266 pages long, featuring the standard highlights such as students by year, clubs, various school-related programs, and national news stories. WA yearbooks

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

Fallout Protection Pamphlet At the height of the Cold War, fear of Soviet attack with nuclear missiles led to the popularity of safe areas or “Fallout Shelters.” Such shelters still

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

Map of Nabnasset Area Exhibited in the museum The large, folding map was hand-painted on canvas in the 1940s. The area around Nabnasset Lake was primarily a summer community for Bostonians.

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

Crossbow From the collection This handmade crossbow was made of pine, with attached pieces made of hickory. A string would have been affixed to the firing mechanism to propel an

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

YMCA Summer Camp From the collection The panoramic photos are of a YMCA summer camp at Nabnasset Lake in 1915. According to the donor, the camp was located at today’s

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

Fletcher Granite Quarry From the collection This photo of the Fletcher Quarry at Oak Hill was taken in September 1966. Saws were not yet fully introduced to the quarrying process,

Read More

Featured Artifact of the Week

Col. John Robinson House From the military exhibit The photo was taken on Oct. 1907, on the plot known as 19 Robinson Rd today. John (1735-1805) and Huldah Robison (1765-1812)

Read More